The Illinois marathon is under 2 weeks away and I can't wait. It has been a long time coming.
yea, track practice again.
Here in central Illinois it was a beautiful day to run.
was just messing around at work and read this amazing story that was in the Nov/Dec 2007 issue of "Marathon and Beyond". If you have never read this magaizine/book, you should try it. It comes out 6 times a year and has really great stories and advice.
I have been reading everyone blogs that I normally read and many, many others. Plus a bunch of running related sites. Plus working at work - I know, what's up with that?
- Last Friday night I went to Foellinger Auditorium at saw the Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra. It was awesome. Instead of just Mozart or Brahms played as wrote, they jazzed things up with a Celtic flair. And they played originals with dancer and singers. It was a good time for me and girlfriend.
- Marathon training last Saturday was well worth the drive to Chicago. Did you know parking meters there are 25 cents for 7 minutes. Damn!. So I risked it and did not get caught. Training - awesome, given a physical therapist. She used me as the class dummy and I have to say I did well. If she put her hand on my ass one more time I was going to make her buy me pizza. Afterall, I easy, not cheap. It was/is a great training for TNT. My understanding is Illinois may be the only state to train their coaches.
- Sunday - supposed to be my makeup long run. Guess what? Yay, no run. Did work around the house a little. Did my favorite thing and looked at open houses in the area. Just makes me thankful I have the place I do when I see these little patches of grass and houses not much bigger than mine for 400k.
- Wednesday was track practice. I had a different team member show up and come out. That was an awesome thing. I ran 3.5 miles at tempo. Last 2 weeks I had run at a 9:18 pace. This time I was doe to a 9:06 pace for 3.5 miles. Time to up the distance to at least 4 and see how I do. I may try that on Saturday. Run the short out and back twice in a low 9 pace.
- Last night my boyz came by the man-cave to watch our Fightin Illini have a game well under control to only go cold the last 5 minutes and let the other team win. We really need a finisher on this team. No one wants to step up and be the man on this team. I can't wait for next year with the man-boys we got coming in.
- This Saturday - long run, up to 18 miles. I really, really need to get a long run in. I haven't done one since my marathon last June. The spring team is doing 18, so I will run with them for 5 and then run with my team for their 5 and hopefully get another 5 in after them. That's the plan.