Yes, it is almost years end. And while I have many, many things to be thankful for, it was a year of ups and downs. Yea, I ran some hills, but I really am talking about the ups and downs of life. Ups and downs for me, for family and friends. It really was a tumultuous year. While I won't bore you with every intricate detail of my year, I will list 20 - good and bad in some order that they are locked away in my mind.
- the Running Doc placed third in her age group, then had an appendectomy that night
- the Gangster went away to school and is kicking ass at her studies
- my son went to Kuwait, he'll be back in April 2011
- Randy lost weight improved his half PR by around 30 minutes
- the Running Doc kicked my ass at the L&C marathon and set a 27 minute PR
- the Hooker watched Missouri beat the Illini then threw up on 3 different interstates
- Karmen had a beautiful baby girl
- I got promoted at work, then worked more than ever
- I signed up for the Indy half and never went
- the Rogue, was just the Rogue on more than one occasion
- I tore my TV room down to the studs, it is still not finished
- some of the bloggers I follow had awesome years
- I had 2 girlfriends and lost them both
- I had the best 6 months of running in my life
- my family is all healthy
- my horse boarder still does not pay on time
- I survived a year living alone, it was lonely and nice
- I did not make my yearly running goal
- my friends and running buddies are all awesome
- there is always next year
I think 2011 will be a good year. I have signed up for the Indy mini. I will run it. Hotel is already booked. I am looking at at least one marathon and a couple of other halfs. Just haven't decided yet. And hopefully, i will blog more often. Of course, when I run, I blog. So run I must.
Read you soon friends.
- the beginning of the end